(NEWSER) – Here's a consequence of the push for medical marijuana few thought about: More young kids are accidentally ingesting the stuff. A Colorado researcher determined that 14 children under the age of 12 were treated at one emergency room since 2009, when pot was legalized for medical use in the state, reports Reuters andScienceAGogo (the latter with a "Honey, I baked the kids" headline). The number may not sound overwhelming, but consider that the total in the previous four years was ... zero.
Needs blood donors over the holidays and to help Kroger is giving a twenty five dollar grocery gift card to everyone who comes to donate blood on December 24th. Get the details by clicking the link above.